Featuring six artists showing six paintings of Heritage Irish Plants, the ISBA’s first collective entry to the RHS–at the RHS Malvern Spring Festival–was awarded a Silver Medal.
Each exhibit is judged by a panel of experts according to specific criteria including: scientific accuracy, botanical information, artistic skill – draughtsmanship and painterly skills, as well as the overall presentation of the display and unity of the pictures. All six paintings must be executed to the same standard.
The six artists, and their plants, are:
- Niamh Harding Miller; Erica cinerea ‘Ted Oliver’
- Siobhán Larkin; Iris ‘War and Peace’
- Rona Orchard; Narcissus ‘Paradigm’ and ‘Greek Surprise’
- Susan Sex; Dahlia ‘Aggie White’
- Holly Somerville; Iris lazica ‘Turkish Blue’
- Margaret Walsh Best; Narcissus ‘Soft Focus’
Well done and congratulations to all!